Sunday, June 13, 2010

Teaching Kids to Sing

Dear Music Teachers,
I know you all have special students that are promising young singers. I would love the opportunity to help develop their voices this summer.
Over my 38 years of teaching singing, I’ve been fortunate to have worked with some wonderful kids who have gone on to become terrific lifetime singers and successful adults. For me, the love of singing is more important than inherent talent, but the two often go hand in hand. I have developed special exercises and have a large library of repertoire designed to aid in my developmental approach.
My philosophy is influenced by the following article from the "American Academy of Teachers of Singing". (Adobe Reader required)
http://www.americanacademyofteachersofsinging.org/articles/TeachingChildren.pdf
My credentials include a B.M.E. in Vocal Music and a Masters in Vocal Performance. I have been a member of the National Association of Teachers of Singing since 1978, and had 3 winners this past March at the N.A.T.S. Puget Sound Adjudications at Shoreline Community College. Plus I was honored to be nominated for Best Musical Direction for the 5th Avenue Musical Theater Awards in June. Also, I teach yearly for a week at the end of June at the International Thespian Festival at Univ. of Nebraska.
http://www.edta.org/educational_events/festival/default.aspx#schedule This is an amazing experience, getting to work with these incredible teenagers from all around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment