Saturday, June 26, 2010

Last Day of Festival

Saturday morning. I just heard the finalists from all the state thespian winners perform solos, duets, group songs, mime, monologues, duo, and group scenes. These high school kids are unbelievably amazing! As in past years, some of these kids have gone on to Broadway and professional theater. What a wonderful experience for all the teens who get to come see and perform here at the International Thespian Festival. I love teaching here and getting to meet these terrific teachers and students! Tonight we get to see "Urinetown: the Musical". There were some great shows including "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown", "Working", "Pippin", and "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying", and there were more, including small productions in the afternoons. Unfortunately, I couldn't see these, since I had to teach my workshops every afternoon. BUT... I was so fortunate to work with so many amazing kids. WHAT A THRILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment