Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday night show "Urinetown" WOW!

Tonight was the last show of Festival. "Urinetown"... done by the Denver School for the Arts Theater Department. Jeez... Un..believable!! The voices...the acting...dancing..sets.. This show had no weak spots. I've seen many professional shows not done as well as this.
I have a renewed appreciation of how well-written this show is. The director brought out the incredible humor and irony. Theater people especially appreciate all the "subtle" references to "Les Miserables", "Annie", "West Side Story", "Fiddler On the Roof", "Baker's Dozen", and even the wheel-chair bit in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" (probably thrown in due to the fact that that show was done here at the Festival).
What a tremendous end to an amazing week. I had over 400 kids take my singing classes and I am as inspired as so many of these incredible kids. I have to hand it to the great, tireless, giving teachers who give up so much time and energy to help build the lives of the next generation. If this the next group of leaders, then we, and our planet, will be in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment