Monday, August 9, 2010

Recent Musicals

The last few weeks has been packed with summer musicals. I was really proud of my son Austin who has been performing and mentoring junior and high school kids at Western Washington University's production of Disney's "High School Musical".
Next on the last was Core Theatrics production of "Les Miserables". This was a large production, with some terrific performances. I was proud of my student Sophie. This girl has a future. Marianni, Cathy, and Heath did a terrific job.
The next night was "Grease", done by Bellevue Community College. These kids had such enthusiasm and I was proud to see my student Jaron grow as a dancer, as well as a singer.
I'm sorry I missed "Anyone Goes" done by Studio East, but I heard it was terrific. This past weekend, I saw "Hair", done by Seattle Children's Theater. This was a bold and ambitious production, with most of the cast on stage dancing and singing for the whole show. I was impressed with old friend Terrance Kelley's choreography and David Duvall's band. I was especially proud of my student Miranda who played the role of Chrissy. Last night which as closing night, she sang "Frank Mills". She sang like an angel and received one of the loudest, longest ovations I've heard from an audience in years. She will remember that for a long time.
Next on the agenda is to see "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" and Woodinville Repertory Theater's one-act plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment